- 2 days classroom training
- Comprehensive CSM Training and Exam Preparation
- 2 years membership of Scrum Alliance
- CSM Certification included
- Training is delivered by Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs) approved by Scrum Alliance
- Tips and tricks from our experienced CSTs’ years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
A ScrumMaster is the lifeline of an Agile project, removing roadblocks and facilitating processes, working with the Product Owner and the team to ensure that the values and practices of Scrum are followed. The Certified ScrumMaster course helps you gain a high degree of proficiency in the processes of the Scrum Methodology. The training you receive from this workshop will help you deliver high performing, controlled projects with quality end results.
Scrum Master Agenda
- Understanding of Scrum framework, including team roles, activities, and artifacts to get a project off on the right foot.
- Understanding of how to scale Scrum from small-sized to large, multi-continent projects
- Access to local user groups, online social networks, and additional resources that are only available to Scrum Alliance members.
- Profile page on the Scrum Alliance website and access to a specially designed logo to highlight your credentials.
- Practical, project-proven exercises.
- Tips and tricks from our experienced CSTs’ years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
- Course Fee includes Scrum Alliance Certification Examination Fee
- Downloadable courseware approved by Scrum Alliance
- Course delivered by experienced Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs)
- Intensive exercises to give practical knowledge of Scrum tools and techniques
- 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance.
There are no prerequisites for attending the course itself. A degree of course completion from our Certified Scrum Trainer makes you eligible for Scrum Alliance’s Online CSM Test.
To gain the CSM certification, candidates must:
- Understand the concepts of Scrum
- Attend a two-day CSM course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer
- After completing your CSM course, you will receive an email from Scrum Alliance that includes a link to create your login credentials. You will use those credentials to gain access to the Online CSM Test.
- Take the online CSM test
- Score a minimum of 24 correct answers out of 35 questions to pass the CSM test
- On successfully passing the test, you will be asked to accept the License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile
You will then receive the official designation of Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) from Scrum Alliance, along with a two-year membership with Scrum Alliance.
If you are already a Scrum Alliance Member, the CSM Test will be available through a link from your dashboard. Once the test is complete, you will be asked to accept a license agreement and your CSM badge will appear on your profile.
The CSM Test fee is included in your course fee; however, if you fail the test a second time, you will need to pay a $25 exam fee to Scrum Alliance before taking the exam a third time. Scrum Alliance recommends that anyone who fails three times, must re-take the CSM course before attempting the exam a fourth time.
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Foundations
- Product Owner
- The Team
- Impact on Traditional Roles
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Release Planning Meeting
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Charts
- Working with Multiple Scrum Teams
- Working with Distributed Scrum Teams
(Note: Scaling Scrum is a topic considered too advanced for the CSM assessment-based certification program)
Who is the target audience for this course?
Our CSM Training and certification is ideal for:
Team Leads or Team Members who are interested in learning more about Scrum and leading Agile projects.
What is the process for applying for the online CSM Exam and certification?
The process that happens after a CSM Training is as below:
a. You will be registered by KnowledgeHut on the Scrum Alliance website on the last day of the training after the session is complete, provided you have attended both days of training for the total training hours.
b. You will then receive a Welcome Email from Scrum Alliance, with a Username and a link to register/create an account on the Scrum Alliance website.
c. Once the account is created, you can navigate to the Exam Link from their dashboard.
d. You will get two attempts within 90 calendar days after receiving the Welcome Email to pass the test at no cost. After two attempts or 90 calendar days, you will be charged $25 for each additional attempt.
e. Once the test is complete, you will be asked to accept a license agreement. You will then receive the official designation of Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) from Scrum Alliance, along with a two-year membership with Scrum Alliance. For more information check out Certifications in the course details.
What are the eligibility criteria for this course and the certification?
There are no eligibility criteria for this course and can be taken by any professional who wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum. Your successful completion of our 2-day CSM course provided by our Certified Scrum Trainer makes you eligible for Scrum Alliance’s Online CSM Test.
Does Scrum Alliance offer an online/ virtual CSM course?
No, there is no online/virtual course for CSM. Scrum Alliance believes that understanding Scrum requires a greater level of personal interaction than can be delivered in a virtual environment.
How many PDUs will I be eligible for?
You will get 14-16 PDUs and SEUs (depending on the trainer).
What do you mean by SEUs?
Where are PDUs and SEUs applicable?
PDUs and SEUs are credits awarded by the Project Management Institute and the Scrum Alliancerespectively. They recognize your dedication to the Agile world through the award of credits for every educational effort you make throughout your career. At present, Scrum Alliance members who hold a Certified Scrum Professional®, Certified Enterprise Coach and/or Certified Scrum Trainer credential need to earn SEUs to get recertified. PDUs are offered by the PMI®, and every PMI® certification, except the CAPM®, requires you to earn a specific number of PDUs per three-year certification cycle.
Can the CSM online test be taken without undergoing the training?
No, the CSM test is not intended as a substitute for formal training.
Should I pay separately for the certification fee?
No, your course fee includes the Scrum Alliance Certification Examination fee.
What’s the importance of a CSM certificate?
Becoming Agile is a continuous process and a CSM certification is a major milestone towards embracing Agility. Not only will you learn the roles and responsibilities of a Scrum Master but will know how to apply it in a variety of environments. It is a validation of your commitment to continued excellence and quality.
What does it mean to have a Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) designation?
A Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) has been taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) the Scrum terminology, practices, and principles that will enable him or her to act as a ScrumMaster® or Scrum team member. This credential is a first step on the Agile path. To become a true, practicing Scrum professional requires enough experience and continuing education.
Is the CSM training a basic level under Agile management?
The Certified ScrumMaster® course offers training in the fundamentals essential for Scrum team members or a professional Scrum master.
What is the format of the exam?
The test consists of a combination of multiple-choice and true/false questions. It will take approximately 60 minutes to complete it. You’ll be required to demonstrate your understanding of key Scrum elements, including General Scrum knowledge, Scrum roles, Scrum meetings and Scrum artifacts. The CSM test has a passing score of 24 out of 35 questions. You will have two attempts within 90 days after you receive your welcome email to pass the test at no cost. After two attempts or 90 days, you will be charged $25 for each additional attempt.
Who provides the certification?
CSM certification is provided by Scrum Alliance. Edulogy offers CSM training delivered by experienced Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs).
If I cancel the enrolment, will I get a refund?
Any registration cancelled within 48 hours of the initial registration will be refunded in FULL (please note that all cancellations will incur a 5% deduction in the refunded amount due to transactional costs applicable while refunding). Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of written request for refund. Kindly go through our Refund Policy for more details: https://www.myedulogy.com/cancellation-refund-policy/
After CSM training within how many days do I need to take the certification?
After completing your CSM course, you will receive an email from Scrum Alliance that includes a link to create your login credentials. After receiving your membership email, you have 90 days to take and complete the test.
Is your 2 days of training enough to clear the certification?
It is advisable that before attending the course, you should familiarize yourself with the resources available on the Scrum Alliance website. These Scrum resources will help you embrace the Scrum principles and practices and lead to greater success in the CSM exam.
What next after CSM?
According to Scrum Alliance, a CSM helps increase the likelihood a project’s overall success by applying Scrum principles and techniques. By understanding the values, practices and applications, you can act as a ‘servant leader’ rising above and beyond an average project manager and helping your organization achieve meaningful goals.
Which is more valued, getting certified from Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Master) or Scrum.org (Professional Scrum Master)?
Both these certifications are very well recognised in the Agile space. The PSM exam is a very difficult one, as the questions are tricky and the pass mark is 85%. The CSM exam is reputed to be easier to pass.
How much should I pay to renew CSM certification?
In order to renew your certification, log in, go to your dashboard, and click on the “Renew Certification” option under the heading “Actions.” The fee is $100 and covers two years extending from your current expiration date.
What are the benefits of "2-year membership with Scrum Alliance"?
Through this membership you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources. In addition, CSMs can use a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
Have more doubts?
Please let me know the eligibility to become a CSM trainer?
To become a CST, you must:
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of Scrum concepts, practices, and principles.
- Hold an active Certified Scrum Professional®designation from Scrum Alliance.
- Have extensive hands-on experience implementing Scrum inside organizations as a ScrumMaster, product owner, or team member.
- Have taught Scrum in a co-training partnership with a CST or independently in a noncertified context meeting the following requirements:
- Taught a minimum of 100 students
- Hosted a minimum of 10 multi-day ScrumMaster training sessions
Hold the Certified Scrum Product Owner® designation if you wish to train CSM courses